Hello Dear Reader,
Thanks for reading this far. I know – Low bar, right? What can I say? I’m easily pleased. 😁
I guess I’m feeling just a little bit heady and giddy after the weekend I had with my coaching peeps in San Jose, re-energizing my business, connecting with all the love and support my heart can handle, and learning (and un-learning!) so much that will help me create a life I love.
And that’s what I want for you, too, of course. Otherwise I wouldn’t be sitting here writing you a big, fat letter, now, would I?
So here’s the scoop. I’m not going to tell you the whole story, because stories become stale pretty quickly, and I’m already moving on to creating what’s next. And that’s where you come in.
Ponder these questions, would you?
• Do you have a creative gift that you’re playing cat and mouse with? Or worse, actively avoiding, because eh, what’s the use?
• Do you yearn to have a healthy, loving relationship with your creativity so that it causes you happiness and not pain?
• Are you biding your time, waiting for inspiration, or otherwise not engaging your creative gifts NOW, because now is not the time, and for some reason it never is?
If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, I’m going to guess that you also feel pretty dissatisfied with your life at times, although you may have developed some great skills and may have achieved some things you feel good about.
I’m also going to guess that sometimes you feel like a fake and a fraud and wonder if there’s a place for you anywhere, because no where feels exactly right.
Furthermore, I’ll bet you cringe when you hear of someone else’s success in the arts, and mourn that you never got the chance to make your art, or worry that you simply can’t because it’s impractical and you’re not good enough.
I’m here to tell you it can be different. Better. Wonderful, in fact.
I’ve been where you are, and I know what it’s like. But more importantly, I’m now at peace with the fact that I’m an artist. Whew! It’s taken a lot of courage to say that out loud, as you can imagine. Some people would (and have) called it nerve or worse. But you know what? I decided to be faithful to my creative spirit and to trust that over the opinions of others, because ignoring my creative impulses was like losing my soul.
And I’m really not up for that, are you?
In the process of living this commitment, I’ve learned how to create a relationship with my creativity that serves me well. I now create confidently every day. I also have more and more of my creative dreams coming true. At one time all I wanted was for a total stranger to read my words and benefit. Today I have people I don’t know telling me they’re helped and inspired by my words. I’ve performed with my musical heroes and mentors. I’ve been commissioned to compose songs for nationwide workshops.
In fact, when I think about it, the more daring I’ve been in following my creative desires, the greater the reward has been, as the Universe meets me with delightful, soulful opportunities.
There’s a lot of static out there about what it means to be an artist, whether it’s a thing, even, and I’m here to tell you something else: Screw all that. Listen to your creative spirit. It’s here to help you. And if you’d like to take advantage of an opportunity to re-engage with your creativity, learn to love and trust it, and develop a toolbox of ways to keep it alive and move it to the center of your life, then you’ll be happy you’re still reading, because I’m thrilled to announce my pilot program, Reclaim Your Creative Soul, is ready for launch.
As soon as I’ve gathered my first 13 people to join me in this 6-week ultra-cheap program, no later than March 22, we will begin a gentle journey of reconciliation with and learning about our unique creative gifts.
To help you (and me, too) understand if this program is a good match for you, and to answer any of your questions, I’ve created a little questionnaire that you can access by clicking the link below. Once you’ve filled it out and submitted it, I’ll get in touch to set up a time for us to talk – about 30 minutes completely free and no obligation – to discuss where you’re at, what you want, and whether this program is for you. I do this because I’m committed to serving you well, and really do want to know that this is right for you, before allowing you to just sign up.
What’s in the program
- 6 video conference coaching calls, including 4 group calls and 2 private coaching sessions
- Individualized 30-day plan for safe creative exploration
- A huge toolbox of tips for accessing inspiration, dealing with criticism and inner demons, and staying engaged with your process
- Topics will include healing from past failures, daring to dream, and dealing with obstacles, mistaken beliefs and OPS (other people’s s**t), creating in safety and discovering what you love
- A copy of my book and card deck, Soul Messages: Lavish Love Notes for the Soul (loving messages to help you stay with your process)
- Reading list
- A bunch of other resources I’ll create especially in response to the groups’ and your unique needs
My goal is that at the end of program you are able to engage happily with your creative gifts, with greater confidence, regardless of anything outside yourself that appears to be in the way.
Please click here to fill out the application that starts the process. I would love to help you Reclaim Your Creative Soul!
© 2017 Phyllis Capanna. All Rights Reserved.