What, only 30?
Well, it’s a start. I just couldn’t stand to hear myself (even after my last post in which I raved about how much I loved my own writing) talk one more time about looking for joy, finding joy, examing joy, obstacles to joy, blah, blah, blah. I thought my readers would think I never actually lived a life that had anything joyful in it. Or, anything at all, for that matter.
So, in the spirit of writing’s number one dictum, “Show, don’t tell” I bring you, and me, Thirty Days of Joy.
Here are my guidelines:
1. Each day has to feature something substantially different from the rest, i.e., no 30 days of different smoothies. (That’s another blog, obviously.)
2. Each entry has to have a photo to go with it.
3. I can only fall back on the animals I live with once each, for a total of 12. Ha! Gotcha! (I have three.)
4. It’s ok if it’s a stretch, but it’s not ok to make stuff up.
5. To earn a post, the item, object, event, or entity must either make me smile, make me laugh, make me cry, or inspire me to action.
Oh! One last thing, very important: Join me! Please join me in living your own Thirty Days of Joy, and feel free to come here and share away. Let’s see how creating a place for joy changes our lives and our worlds, shall we?
As always, thank you for reading, thank you for your comments, and may you be visited by surprising and wonderful joys!